Friday, October 26, 2012

Harvest Friendship


Hello and happy Friday! This is my very first Ai "Try" Fold card. I LOVE trying new things! These are really FUN. All the Ai Try Fold stamps come with easy to understand instructions. I LOVE that! It makes it a breeze to cut the correct size cardstock, and how to score it once you have your cardstock cut to size. Then you hand cut the two front folds per the instructions. Very neat look! The Ai Try Fold stamp set I used is the Harvest TF, SKU# 4205. Such a pretty harvest scene, perfect since I live in farming country.
The first thing I colored in was the sky behind the barn and trees. I used my Prisma Color pencils and gamsol for the sky. Then I decided to use my copic markers to color the rest of the images. I am new to coloring with copic's/alcohol markers, and it was fun to use them because you get a "watercolor" look with them. The above image shows the card's front with the two folds closed.


Here is a picture with the first fold opened and you can see the cute pumpkin cart.


Here is the inside of the card with both folds opened. I stamped the inside with the beautiful sentiment "Sow kindness harvest friendship" that comes with the Harvest TF stamp set SKU# 4205 . Since I colored my images with copic markers, it's normal for the ink to bleed through the white cardstock. I didn't want that to show through, so I mounted the base of my card onto a two pieces of layered cardstock, cut slightly larger, and rounded the top corners. For the two hand-cut folds, I just traced around each panel on white cardstock; cut those out slightly smaller and glued them down so it covered the color bleed.  It makes it look a bit cleaner, and I wanted to give it a try. I hope you enjoyed this little creation today. Thanks for stopping by the Ai blog! Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Your card turned out great Tammie! I dig the colors you used. Those grapes look eatable!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!